Members can now realize savings on a range of clinically sensitive products through our Medical Devices and Implants (MDI) Program.
These products can be defined as implants and/or implantable devices. Examples of products in this category include stents, catheters, heart valves, pacemakers, leads, total joint implants, and spine implants.
In addition to reducing costs, Members will also benefit from the experience of our clinical and strategic sourcing team, which includes Registered OR Nurses. This means you have a team working for you that understands important clinical considerations as well as best sourcing practices and hospital purchasing processes.
Throughout the contracting process, our membership is able to ensure the best possible result by participating on the Operating Room Committee, which makes contracting decisions about the MDI Program. Physicians may also be involved in this process through an Ad hoc Committee in order to gain buy-in and support for a particular contracting initiative. It's a proven method that allows Members to maximize savings, offer input, access expertise, and ultimately, make purchases that best meet their needs.
One-of-a-kind Member Benefits:
- Advice and expertise from Medbuy's clinical team, which includes Registered Nurses with frontline experience in operating room and surgical environments
- Achieve the best possible overall value through invoice savings, rebates and value-adds such as on-site product education and training
- Exclusive Decision Support services examine your purchasing data to uncover immediate and future savings opportunities
- Member-only access to a web-based spend management system, which features contract management, eCatalogue and analysis tools - enabling sound purchasing decisions that positively impact your bottom line
- Transparent quarterly financial reporting and distribution of rebates
- Access to Medbuy's $1 million Research, Education and Development Fund, which allows Members to achieve professional accreditation, take advantage of education and training opportunities and attend industry events
- Regular networking opportunities with your peers from across Canada